• Announcements

• admin

July 2016 Update   07/28/2016

A few months ago, the previous three year term on the site's hosting ended. Although there's been little activity over the past few years, I didn't want to see all our historical content disappear. The site was funded by members in the early years, so it didn't seem right to let the site slide into oblivion. I've updated the backend software, and hosting has been acquired for the next three years. As a result of changes with the forum software, you may find you have initial trouble logging in. If you can't sign in, try using your e-mail address instead of your screen name. Regards, Cedric Nagy
      Canflyer Administrator  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Lev

How Will Ac's Latest Changes To Altitude Benefit You?

5 posts in this topic

I'm looking forward to our resident AC defender tell us how great the changes are for 2015 because he'll no longer have to pay YQ as he empties his Aeroplan piggy bank in disgust because he'll no longer earn enough eUpgrades to upgrade all his international travel - even if he buys Latitude.

Anyway, for the fist time I'm going to be seriously evaluating whether Altitude is my best option.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan/altitude/updates.html?utm_campaign=PCSEE&utm_medium=email&utm_content=text_click_here&utm_source=Program_Changes_2015

we're fucked.

as an SE who flies 120-140k on average each year, i will earn about 40 e-ups. given the steep increase in the number of e-ups required for long hauls, those arent going far.

the 50k minimum required on AC to get SE is somewhat troublesome but manageable.

As I said earlier, the upgrade place for cheap ticket buying E/SE is now PE. J class is for those who pay for it.

I'm looking forward to our resident AC defender tell us how great the changes are for 2015 because he'll no longer have to pay YQ as he empties his Aeroplan piggy bank in disgust because he'll no longer earn enough eUpgrades to upgrade all his international travel - even if he buys Latitude.

Anyway, for the fist time I'm going to be seriously evaluating whether Altitude is my best option.

I will go into the next Aeroplan year with over 120 eupgrade points and will be at 60K miles by March 1. So, I am fine for next year and will see what 2016 brings because I will achieve SE status again.  If the economy slows down as appears to be imminent then AC maybe backing off some of the worst stuff in order to keep market share. In any event I will enjoy not having to WL too often for upgrades. I have always taken it one year at a time and still get good value from of my AC status.    

Parnel,

I would be very surprised if AC sweetens the pot next year - we'll see.

Also don't count on earning eUps for 20K and 40K even if they are before March 1.  It's a new earning year.

Parnel,

I would be very surprised if AC sweetens the pot next year - we'll see.

Also don't count on earning eUps for 20K and 40K even if they are before March 1.  It's a new earning year.

No I will be burning off 2014 Ecerts until March 1.