canflyer
Sign in to follow this  
karachi

Ac J Plans

Had a chat wiht the SD on my HKG-YYZ flight yesterday. She said with the changes to u/g, the front cabin is less full than before. also with the new planes, the plan is to make the J cabin exclusively for the paid J pax, not the freeloading u/g types. PY is for the u/g ..

Had a chat wiht the SD on my HKG-YYZ flight yesterday. She said with the changes to u/g, the front cabin is less full than before. also with the new planes, the plan is to make the J cabin exclusively for the paid J pax, not the freeloading u/g types. PY is for the u/g ..

That is purely a rumour that I have never heard. AC would be the first airline that I know of to do this and they are generally not leaders. You will most probably see less opportunity to UG from lower flex fares however. 

I was surprised to find the SD telling me all of this. BTW i was sitting in Y and she came to me at the end of the flight saying "I expected to find you in the front". I explained my company policy, Tango ticket and how it prevented me from upgrading etc. and then she starts telling me all of this. She distinctly said J in future was to be for the fully paid tickets (she may have said 'mostly' .. i was groggy) but certainly that PY was for the upgraded ones.

my guess would be SE's might be able to move from Y to J on Flex but they'll prevent the lower classes from doing the same.