canflyer
Sign in to follow this  
karachi

Park And Fly Alternatives

Having waited over 30 minutes each time for the Valet shuttle (wiht 30-40 people in line ahead) for 2 weeks running, I am looking for alternatives. The PNF counter lady told me the 8 min wait time is for going to the airport, not pickup from. after long flights, waiting for 30 minutes is the last thing i want.

so whats the alternatives? anyone use the Value Parking at Pearson .. is the shuttle quick ? skypark ?

Having waited over 30 minutes each time for the Valet shuttle (wiht 30-40 people in line ahead) for 2 weeks running, I am looking for alternatives. The PNF counter lady told me the 8 min wait time is for going to the airport, not pickup from. after long flights, waiting for 30 minutes is the last thing i want.

so whats the alternatives? anyone use the Value Parking at Pearson .. is the shuttle quick ? skypark ?

Get a Platinum AMEX and valet park at T1. the valet parking cost is not charged and you get a 15% discount on your parking. As much as I travel i pay for my AMEX fees via the parking discount. 

When I don't take the TTC (a benefit of not living in Oakville), I typically park at Direct Flight Parking on the west side of Carlingview just north of Dixon Road.  Normally there is a shuttle bus there waiting to take me to the airport.  On the return to YYZ you need to call them and it is typically a 8-10 minute wait for the shuttle to arrive. 

Cost is considerably lower than ParknFly - about $10/day or $45/week including tax.

See www.directflightparking.com

When I don't take the TTC (a benefit of not living in Oakville), I typically park at Direct Flight Parking on the west side of Carlingview just north of Dixon Road.  Normally there is a shuttle bus there waiting to take me to the airport.  On the return to YYZ you need to call them and it is typically a 8-10 minute wait for the shuttle to arrive. 

Cost is considerably lower than ParknFly - about $10/day or $45/week including tax.

See www.directflightparking.com

If the TTC is a benefit on a cold winter morning in a snowstorm I will pass on that one. If one arrives at midnight is it still a benefit? The other benefit we miss is the comedy act known as Rob Ford. Also some people have to commute to Oakville for work from the big smoke. :wink: