• Announcements

• admin

July 2016 Update   07/28/2016

A few months ago, the previous three year term on the site's hosting ended. Although there's been little activity over the past few years, I didn't want to see all our historical content disappear. The site was funded by members in the early years, so it didn't seem right to let the site slide into oblivion. I've updated the backend software, and hosting has been acquired for the next three years. As a result of changes with the forum software, you may find you have initial trouble logging in. If you can't sign in, try using your e-mail address instead of your screen name. Regards, Cedric Nagy
      Canflyer Administrator  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
karachi

Park And Fly Alternatives

6 posts in this topic

Having waited over 30 minutes each time for the Valet shuttle (wiht 30-40 people in line ahead) for 2 weeks running, I am looking for alternatives. The PNF counter lady told me the 8 min wait time is for going to the airport, not pickup from. after long flights, waiting for 30 minutes is the last thing i want.

so whats the alternatives? anyone use the Value Parking at Pearson .. is the shuttle quick ? skypark ?

Having waited over 30 minutes each time for the Valet shuttle (wiht 30-40 people in line ahead) for 2 weeks running, I am looking for alternatives. The PNF counter lady told me the 8 min wait time is for going to the airport, not pickup from. after long flights, waiting for 30 minutes is the last thing i want.

so whats the alternatives? anyone use the Value Parking at Pearson .. is the shuttle quick ? skypark ?

Get a Platinum AMEX and valet park at T1. the valet parking cost is not charged and you get a 15% discount on your parking. As much as I travel i pay for my AMEX fees via the parking discount. 

When I don't take the TTC (a benefit of not living in Oakville), I typically park at Direct Flight Parking on the west side of Carlingview just north of Dixon Road.  Normally there is a shuttle bus there waiting to take me to the airport.  On the return to YYZ you need to call them and it is typically a 8-10 minute wait for the shuttle to arrive. 

Cost is considerably lower than ParknFly - about $10/day or $45/week including tax.

See www.directflightparking.com

When I don't take the TTC (a benefit of not living in Oakville), I typically park at Direct Flight Parking on the west side of Carlingview just north of Dixon Road.  Normally there is a shuttle bus there waiting to take me to the airport.  On the return to YYZ you need to call them and it is typically a 8-10 minute wait for the shuttle to arrive. 

Cost is considerably lower than ParknFly - about $10/day or $45/week including tax.

See www.directflightparking.com

If the TTC is a benefit on a cold winter morning in a snowstorm I will pass on that one. If one arrives at midnight is it still a benefit? The other benefit we miss is the comedy act known as Rob Ford. Also some people have to commute to Oakville for work from the big smoke. :wink: