canflyer
Sign in to follow this  
parnel

Airlines Focusing On Big Spenders~ Ac Will Soon Head In That Direction

http://business.financialpost.com/2014/02/27/privacy-the-latest-airline-perk-for-super-elite-fliers-if-you-can-afford-the-19000-price-tag/

Yet some of the most cherished new international first-class perks have nothing to do with meals, drinks or seats. Global airlines are increasingly rewarding wealthy fliers with something more intangible: physical distance between them and everyone else.

The idea is to provide an exclusive experience — inaccessible, even invisible, to the masses in coach. It’s one way that a gap between the world’s wealthiest 1% and everyone else has widened.

I believe AC will be dividing their lounges into premium and non premium sections much like LH but probably w/o the HOM lounge. Once PE takes hold on all international flights I think we will see an upgrade in J services. AC is growing their paid J business nicely on Asian flights in particular and sees the need to improve the service offering. In effect it has already started with co-pay upgrades for non ALT100 SE pax plus the PE seating for those who won't/can't get upgrades too often.

They also have plans for completely separate checkin lounges in major Canadian Cities like YVR/YYZ and YUL in particular. it remains to be seen when these will actually get installed.  

As AC continues to roll out their 787's more and more exclusive privileges will be introduced for high yield customers. They have plans to split some major lounges like the asian carriers do and will go to zonal boarding with a clear path for high yield pax and SE's as one exclusive boarding line. 

As AC continues to roll out their 787's more and more exclusive privileges will be introduced for high yield customers. They have plans to split some major lounges like the asian carriers do and will go to zonal boarding with a clear path for high yield pax and SE's as one exclusive boarding line. 

Really ? Anything to back any of the above up? BTW, how much are you paying the moderators on FT ?  :twisted:

Really ? Anything to back any of the above up? BTW, how much are you paying the moderators on FT ?  :twisted:

yea really. I don't need to back anything up as it is info I pick up from reliable sources. Just remember where you heard it when it becomes official.  I do fly a lot on AC unlike you or the "QC my ass" guy who thinks AC dislikes his City which is dog patch compared to YYC. 150K miles so far this year on AC alone, and counting. You just like to try and rub your dislike of AC into management because they told you to get lost a few years ago with your dumb idea. You have to be an idiot, or worse, a QC to be on a blog where you don't even use the company's offerings.  You must be part of the Ken Hamer fan club and it must really piss you off that AC has their act together, are profitable while growing quite a lot with new planes and services.     

yea really. I don't need to back anything up as it is info I pick up from reliable sources. Just remember where you heard it when it becomes official.  I do fly a lot on AC unlike you or the "QC my ass" guy who thinks AC dislikes his City which is dog patch compared to YYC. 150K miles so far this year on AC alone, and counting. You just like to try and rub your dislike of AC into management because they told you to get lost a few years ago with your dumb idea. You have to be an idiot, or worse, a QC to be on a blog where you don't even use the company's offerings.  You must be part of the Ken Hamer fan club and it must really piss you off that AC has their act together, are profitable while growing quite a lot with new planes and services.     

BTW Parnel, did Air China ever post your points ?  :twisted: 

...and will go to zonal boarding with a clear path for high yield pax and SE's as one exclusive boarding line. 

Hopefully those "clear paths" are clearer than their current clear paths for Priority passengers.   :mrgreen: