canflyer
Sign in to follow this  
exAC

ITA discontinues airline reservations system

By Jerry Limone

ITA Software, a Google subsidiary, said it will no longer pursue clients for its airline passenger services system.

Passenger services systems include the technology needed to run an airline, including reservations.

Cape Air is ITA’s lone customer for the passenger services system, and ITA said it would “continue to work with them under our agreement.”

With the discontinuation of the passenger services system, ITA said it can focus on its other products, including Google Flight Search and its airfare pricing/shopping engine

This is too bad as ITA put out a new an innovative product. They just could not integrate it into complex airline systems.

By Jerry Limone

ITA Software' date=' a Google subsidiary, said it will no longer pursue clients for its airline passenger services system.

Passenger services systems include the technology needed to run an airline, including reservations.

Cape Air is ITA’s lone customer for the passenger services system, and ITA said it would “continue to work with them under our agreement.”

With the discontinuation of the passenger services system, ITA said it can focus on its other products, including Google Flight Search and its airfare pricing/shopping engine

[hr']

This is too bad as ITA put out a new an innovative product. They just could not integrate it into complex airline systems.

One thing that is working well for me is the Blackberry travel app which summarizes my trips and picks up all changes I make along the way. pretty slick. it even advise me of gate changes for my flights once my BP is issued