canflyer
Sign in to follow this  
exAC

Largest hotel in Canada to fly Eaton flag

By Danny King

The Delta Chelsea in Toronto, Canada’s largest hotel, will be reflagged under Langham Hospitality Group’s Eaton brand this July.

It will be Langham’s first hotel in Canada.

The reflagging brings hotel ownership and management under the same corporate umbrella. Hong Kong-based Great Eagle Holdings Ltd., which owns the hotel and Langham Hospitality, will make the 1,590-room hotel the fifth under the Eaton brand.

Great Eagle has owned what will be known as the Eaton Chelsea for almost 20 years

By Danny King

The Delta Chelsea in Toronto' date=' Canada’s largest hotel, will be reflagged under Langham Hospitality Group’s Eaton brand this July.

It will be Langham’s first hotel in Canada.

The reflagging brings hotel ownership and management under the same corporate umbrella. Hong Kong-based Great Eagle Holdings Ltd., which owns the hotel and Langham Hospitality, will make the 1,590-room hotel the fifth under the Eaton brand.

Great Eagle has owned what will be known as the Eaton Chelsea for almost 20 years

[/quote']

Word on the street is that Great Eagle did not want to spend the necessary capital on renovating the property to Delta's new standards. A new Delta is under construction in Toronto.

http://www.can-lodgingnews.com/artman2/publish/January2013/Delta-and-Chelsea-to-part-ways.shtml

Was this the hotel that was used as student housing at one time?

I'm not sure but do know that the Primrose (Best Western across from Maple Leaf Gardens at Carlton & Jarvis) did for a few years.

Once I rousted from my trance and stopped collecting erroruseless points and left the errorplan programme (including ditching the CIBC errorplan Visa) I stopped staying at the Delta Chelsea. Don't miss it at all especially since it wasn't convenient to King & Bay or the subway system.

I no longer worry about points on any airlline or hotel programme and stay at hotels I enjoy.

In Toronto that's always One King West.

Was this the hotel that was used as student housing at one time?

I'm not sure but do know that the Primrose (Best Western across from Maple Leaf Gardens at Carlton & Jarvis) did for a few years.

Once I rousted from my trance and stopped collecting erroruseless points and left the errorplan programme (including ditching the CIBC errorplan Visa) I stopped staying at the Delta Chelsea. Don't miss it at all especially since it wasn't convenient to King & Bay or the subway system.

I no longer worry about points on any airlline or hotel programme and stay at hotels I enjoy.

In Toronto that's always One King West.

The Delta chelsea has been a hotel for at least the last 35 years that I can recall. Not sure when it became a delta although it was the chain's flagship in the early years when it was privately owned.

You no longer worry about points because you don't go anywhere and thus can't get enough of them to make them worthwhile. Quit the BS.

AE points collected have ensured my wife a J seat on several trips to Europe every year and suites at every IC hotel when we use them.

The only good thing about 1 King west is that its near PJ O'Brien's good Irish pub owned by my namesake:D

You no longer worry about points because you don't go anywhere and thus can't get enough of them to make them worthwhile. Quit the BS.

AE points collected have ensured my wife a J seat on several trips to Europe every year and suites at every IC hotel when we use them.

The only good thing about 1 King west is that its near PJ O'Brien's good Irish pub owned by my namesake:D

I spend my own money not other peoples'.

Always providing legal aid for nothing...wow!!:rolleyes:

Next to nothing compared to the 'expenses' you run up on others' tabs.

Not knowing that directly I would suggest you are FOS.

I am also in demand by people in the west who want things done by productive easterners.

I am also in demand by people in the west who want things done by productive easterners.

Only expense account carpetbaggers from Welfareville, Ontario fly anything but the cheapest fares.

Only expense account carpetbaggers from Welfareville' date=' Ontario fly anything but the cheapest fares.

[/quote']

oh give it up. Ontario had the fastest GDP grwth in canada last year. Obviously your head is buried in the oil sands as usual.

Not everyone needs to fly Tango. There are those of us who need flexibility in their travels, samething a two bit Edmonton Soilers fan would never understand.