canflyer
Sign in to follow this  
The Lev

Support Canflyer

I invite you to join me in providing some financial support to the admin to get Canflyer relaunched. The total cost involved is quite minimal and if split moang active users it will only amount to a couple of pints of Guiness each.

If you pm him, he can provide you the details.

I have sent him a PM. I'll be happy to contribute. We need an alternative to Censorship Central and I have really missed this board for the past few weeks. I encourage everyone else to join me in contributing to support this board.

I have sent my contribution to Admin via PayPal and I encourage others to do likewise. It would also be good if those of us who have signed up on the temp site advised any former BMs whom we can call or e-mail.

I also wonder if we could try posting a notice of the CF return on the JB asmost people probably scan both boards. Would it stay up for very long?

unless it is personal financial details' date=' why not post how to contribute so everyone gets it and the admin doesnt have to respond individually.

[/quote']

Electronic contributions can be sent via Paypal or Interac Email Money Transfer to cedricnagy@yahoo.ca.

Thank you!

unless it is personal financial details' date=' why not post how to contribute so everyone gets it and the admin doesnt have to respond individually.

[/quote']

Electronic contributions can be sent via Paypal or Interac Email Money Transfer to cedricnagy@yahoo.ca.

Thank you!

done

Folks, we received three contributions totalling about $110. This has roughly covered the cost of relicensing the forum software, and rescuing the canflyer.com domain from our failed host to the new one. Unfortunately, this has not funded the roughly $150 required to recover our data. As a result, I will begin attempting to restore the site from a 2011 backup.

Thank you to those who contributed.

Folks' date=' we received three contributions totalling about $110. This has roughly covered the cost of relicensing the forum software, and rescuing the canflyer.com domain from our failed host to the new one. Unfortunately, this has not funded the roughly $150 required to recover our data. As a result, I will begin attempting to restore the site from a 2011 backup.

Thank you to those who contributed.

[/quote']

Cedric,

check your email.

Just bumping this thread to ask Admin if progress has been made in securing funds needed to restore Canflyer? If we haven't yet reached the target, I encourage those who have yet to contribute to give to the cause.

Update: Thank you so much to those that have contributed. Overall, we came about $25 short of the funding goal. If there is anyone that was interested in contributing that has not had the opportunity to do so yet, I would appreciate an email transfer rather than Paypal as I have now withdrawn the balance of the contributions to my bank account in order to proceed with backup retrieval and there are fees associated with doing so.

I have now provided payment information to the IT Company in California where the servers were hosted to proceed with the data retrieval. He did indicate there may be a delay due to all the requests they have received. Once I receive the data, it should only take me a few days to put everything back together.

Thanks for all your great work on this. I look forward to seeing the board up and running again. Then we should all figure out a strategy and work together to expand the membership base and increase participation and sharing of FF info.

I have been thinking about this. One thing we could consider is posting articles of interest to Canadian Frequent Travellers on the front page of Canflyer. Things like new routes, updates to FFP policies, etc. I know I visit a lot of blogs on a daily basis that have routinely updated information - perhaps we could get a larger following in that way that would then spill over onto the forums.

Is there interest in a few members in addition to myself to keep an industry news section up to date? My thought is that everything posted would be factual - opinions can stay on the forums - and in summary form with a link to original source. Something along the lines of http://www.howardforum.com/

In the meantime, due to an additional contribution, we have now reached our funding goal! Thank you to all who contributed. I look forward to bringing everything back soon!

I have been thinking about this. One thing we could consider is posting articles of interest to Canadian Frequent Travellers on the front page of Canflyer. Things like new routes' date=' updates to FFP policies, etc. I know I visit a lot of blogs on a daily basis that have routinely updated information - perhaps we could get a larger following in that way that would then spill over onto the forums.

Is there interest in a few members in addition to myself to keep an industry news section up to date? My thought is that everything posted would be factual - opinions can stay on the forums - and in summary form with a link to original source. Something along the lines of http://www.howardforum.com/

In the meantime, due to an additional contribution, we have now reached our funding goal! Thank you to all who contributed. I look forward to bringing everything back soon!

[/quote']

I would like to try that for sure.