canflyer
Sign in to follow this  
Q Shoe Guy

Jack Layton succumbs to Cancer !

RIP. I was a bit of a skeptic about Layton until I met him a couple of years ago. I've met dozens of leading politicians and I'm not easily impressed but I left my evening meeting with him very impressed.

What an appallingly inadequate statement by our awful Prime Minister. It took him half the day to craft it and then he had almost nothing to say about Layton and twice as much to say about Libya. An appalling example of non-leadership. Layton and Canada deserved better.

RIP. I was a bit of a skeptic about Layton until I met him a couple of years ago. I've met dozens of leading politicians and I'm not easily impressed but I left my evening meeting with him very impressed.

What an appallingly inadequate statement by our awful Prime Minister. It took him half the day to craft it and then he had almost nothing to say about Layton and twice as much to say about Libya. An appalling example of non-leadership. Layton and Canada deserved better.

Harper is a monster

How pathetic at a time when those from all parts of the political spectrum, friend and foe, paid tribute to Layton that you should besmirch it with petty partisan politics. :td:

RIP to Jack as he will be missed.

RIP. Sadly when I saw his last press conference I feared that this would be the outcome.

^

While not totally in agreement with the Party's positions on many issues, I recognize that he did bring it further along in achieving for the first time Official Opposition status, and in so doing joins the ranks of JS Woodsworth and TC Douglas in the annals of Canada's kinder, gentler realm of social justice. RIP Jack!