canflyer
Sign in to follow this  
zorn

Oh well, I guess it's another vote for the Ontario Liberals

So Ontario has its election in October. (I only know that because Ontario was stupid enough to pass a fixed election date law :roll:)

I don't think the Liberals have done a particularly good job, so I think it's time for a change. This puts me in a bit of a tight spot, as I happen to know my MPP, who is pretty good, but a vote for the PCs was in the cards.

Until Hudak came out with his "put prisoners to work" garbage.

What an exceptionally stupid and uncivilized idea. How can I possibly vote for a party that goes in for such excrement? I don't expect everything any party does to be agreeable, but there's a limit to how low I can go, and that is several feet of rot below any rational human being's standard.

I'm sure there are lots of unthinking (I was going to say retards, which is unfair - retards have no choice) ignorant fools who will totally go in for such unbelievable nonsense.

I wouldn't blame someone for holding their nose and voting PC anyway, but it saddens me that there are decrepit, pus-filled, arse-for-brains, low-life, troglodyte, fart breathing, microphallic, semi-literate, slack-jawed mouth-breathers who actually go in for such mental diarrhea.

Why do the Ontario PCs try so hard every single election to turn actual thinking people into perennially reluctant Liberal voters? All they had to do this time was not screw up and they would have had it. Of course, they still might, which doesn't bother me too much, as long as they don't actually implement policies that are less palatable than the worst thing a sewage treatment plant could come up with.

Canadian gov'ts of all stripes need to give up on fixed election laws. Its a stupid idea inconsistent with Westminster tradition and they all break them with gleeful abandon, so what's the point?

Putting prisoners to work is typical Tory demonisation. Harris demonised people on welfare. Its all about division, belittling the less fortunate, encouraging the worst in people, sowing fear, building jails for perpetrators of unreported crime, etc. Its the Tory way. No surprise.

Putting prisoners to work is typical Tory demonisation. Harris demonised people on welfare. Its all about division, belittling the less fortunate, encouraging the worst in people, sowing fear, building jails for perpetrators of unreported crime, etc. Its the Tory way. No surprise.

"Details on whether inmates would be manacled together to prevent escape have yet to worked out, he said."

Wow.....I can just see a great Liberal ad to be played duirng the campaign

Ahhhh! Now Hudak is out with the 50000 dollar income split bad idea that Harper's lot came up with! They might actually go through with that one.

(I do think there is some inequity with the way working parents can deduct child care expenses off the top of their income, while people who forego income never get any kind of break. Here's my suggestion. Treat it like an investment, similar to the way tuition expenses are treated. Allow the lower income earner to carry forward the child care tax deduction, if not entirely, at least to some extent. Say someone stays home to look after 2 kids, giving up 7 years of work. They can accumulate a nice amount of child care deduction that they can apply to the job they are getting back into. The details are left to the reader.)

Ahhhh! Now Hudak is out with the 50000 dollar income split bad idea that Harper's lot came up with! They might actually go through with that one.

(I do think there is some inequity with the way working parents can deduct child care expenses off the top of their income, while people who forego income never get any kind of break. Here's my suggestion. Treat it like an investment, similar to the way tuition expenses are treated. Allow the lower income earner to carry forward the child care tax deduction, if not entirely, at least to some extent. Say someone stays home to look after 2 kids, giving up 7 years of work. They can accumulate a nice amount of child care deduction that they can apply to the job they are getting back into. The details are left to the reader.)

That approach is very doable and in general is a good idea. The Tories want to give tax breeaks now so they can get the immediate attention of voters. Long term thinking is just not on with these guys who with their tax cut promises will put the province further in debt.

They are ,as are the feds, counting on serious inflation to raise all boats,giving them more revenue, and that serious inflation will come.

That approach is very doable and in general is a good idea. The Tories want to give tax breeaks now so they can get the immediate attention of voters. Long term thinking is just not on with these guys who with their tax cut promises will put the province further in debt.

They are ,as are the feds, counting on serious inflation to raise all boats,giving them more revenue, and that serious inflation will come.

What are the Liberals proposing on this matter?

Tim Hudak on crime

So now building more prisons is good. Funny how with you its all abut the party, and not about the issues.

Your issue should be better dental care in prisons

Tim Hudak on crime

So now building more prisons is good. Funny how with you its all abut the party, and not about the issues.

You are so caught up with your shallow view of life you always miss the point.

Tim Hudak on crime

You are so caught up with your shallow view of life you always miss the point.

Shallow? Look at this thread and your posts in it. I feel sorry for you.

Tim Hudak on crimeSo now building more prisons is good. Funny how with you its all abut the party, and not about the issues.

You are so caught up with your shallow view of life you always miss the point.Shallow? Look at this thread and your posts in it. I feel sorry for you.

I have to assume hes posting drunk most of the time.