canflyer
Sign in to follow this  
100-000miler

eCredit purchase plan or extension???

Wondering if AC has considered a purchase plan so members could buy a few extra credits?

I have projected all my travel for the year and the first 2 months of 2012,and I plan to retain SE status for another yr. However I expect I to have a small balance of e-credits left over (that will expire on Feb 29th and not be renewable based on present policy). The expected small amount of credits will not permit me to use unless there is a way to top up without buying another pass or purchasing much higher fares. I would also like to see this balance carried forward for the next full year.

One option would be the above strategies but I would hope that AC would permit its very loyal customers to buy some E-Credits at a reasonable price OR to extend their life past the Feb 29/2012 life span.

I hope this concept will be positively considered and implemented just as AC/AE have done for aeroplan rewards, and pass extensions.

Andrew, what say you?

Interesting concept indeed - AC does have a precedent with the ability to extend passes by 3 months.

eCredits likely would be sold for something on the order of $50-75

As I've stated previously AC now has the ability to better understand the use of upgrade certs and will adjust accordingly over time.

Buying e-ecredits is a good idea ..though wiht LMU program in place, not sure if AC would want to lose that revenue. at the least, the amount of e-credits should be close to LMU prices.

Extending e-creds for members who maintain SE/E is a damn good idea.