canflyer
Sign in to follow this  
Cloud Lounger

2011 Playoff predictions

In honour of hockey moving the French language election debate to tonight, I figure we could make some predictions on what will happen in this years playoffs...

My dream Stanley Cup Final is Chicago v. Montreal, so if and until they are knocked out, that is where my picks are going...

Tampa over Pittsburgh (because that former Oiler Rollie the goalie will steal a couple of games, not unlike what Halak did to them last year)

Phoenix over Detroit (because Phoenix will make Gary Bettman happy, which of course makes the rest of us unhappy)

Washington over NYR (Ovechkin finally wakes up)

Chicago over Vancouver (See dream Stanley Cup final above)

Anaheim over Nashville (Too many Finns in one place gonna give those country music hicks fits) - BTW, I like country music in certain doses

Montreal over Boston (these two teams have met in the playoffs 32 times and God's hockey team have taken the series 24 times - I figure the 25th time will also turn out to be the number of cups the Habs will have won, including this year.)

Buffalo over Philadelphia (Cause I really dont like the Flyers)

San Jose over LA (I really dont know about these two but happy that there is a guarantee that at least one team from California gets knocked out of the playoffs given that they have sent three teams to the playoffs and Canada has only sent two)

I agree with most of your choices except Chicago Vancouver....the canucks are not going to roll over a second time against an 8th place team. Of course the Habs will win and I hope Phoenix does the wngs in 4 straight.

Western Conference:

Detroit over Phoenix

Anaheim over Nashville

San Jose over Los Angeles

Vancouver over Chicago (No Byfuglien will be the difference)

Eastern Conference:

Boston over Montreal

Philly over Buffalo

Washington over the Rangers

Pittsburgh over Tampa

Kinda goofy that I had to scroll down almost a whole page to find the Hockey playoff thread. Whats with you people??

Anyway, My predictions were pretty lousy other than Rollie the Goalie steaking a couple from the Pens.

So for Round two;

Tampa Bay over Washington (That Rollie guy strikes again)

Boston over Philla (I still hate the Flyers)

Vancouver over Nashville (Cant let them country bumpkins get too big fer their britches)

Detroit v. St. Jose is a pick'em, but I will go with Detroit's experience

Tampa is surprising. Flyers are disappointing.

I also found a Stanley Cup futures chit from the Bellagio from June 2010; I had put $20 down on the Red Wings at 40-1; they need to improve their game in the current series.

Tampa is surprising. Flyers are disappointing.

I also found a Stanly Cup futures chit from the Bellagio from June 2010; I had put $20 down on the Red Wings at 40-1; they need to improve their game in the current series.

I am really hoping you get to claim on that bet!! :wink:

Tampa is very surprising, as well the Predators are really pushing the Canucks where I see it probably going back to YVR 2-2. Cap's are done and Bruins will move on.

Go Wings Go!

And here I am proudly flying my canucks flag outside my car! :D

May this bring a cup back home to Vancouver!

Sanosuke!

Hmm, things still looking possible for some payback on my 40-1 odds on the $20 wager for Detroit to win the Cup.....bet placed in LAS on 24JUNE 2010 ! :lol:

Wings looked very good last night.

Perhaps the Wings will be in Vancouver on Sunday for the game I hope to catch

A long road still ahead, however, the ticket lives another day!!

Looking forward to this evening's Sharks-Wings game......the betting chit is anxious to go back home to the Bellagio ! :lol:

Looking forward to this evening's Sharks-Wings game......the betting chit is anxious to go back home to the Bellagio ! :lol:

It would have been nice to see you get your 40-1! But like the result....... ^

It would have been nice to see you get your 40-1! But like the result....... ^

Go Canucks ! :lol:

Looks like the supposedly tougher western division are no match for hard hitting eastern teams. that winning team tonight could easily have been the Habs.

What a load of absolute BS.

Playing in the pooftah East against pooftahs like the Chokers de YUL didn't wear the Bruins down as much as having to battle out of the tough West like the Canucks had to.

You need to adjust your meds. :roll:

Looks like the supposedly tougher western division are no match for hard hitting eastern teams. that winning team tonight could easily have been the Habs.

What a load of absolute BS.

Playing in the pooftah East against pooftahs like the Chokers de YUL didn't wear the Bruins down as much as having to battle out of the tough West like the Canucks had to.

You need to adjust your meds. :roll:

coming from saeson ticket holder of the team that has finished last in the entire NHL over two seasons tells me the BS is on your side...........don't take meds.