canflyer
Sign in to follow this  
100-000miler

ever overpaid your CC?

Well I paid by mistake my PC MC twice. It was my fault done in a nonosecond. Total oversight, but to get a refund is taking forever, like at least 10 buz days.

Any ideas on how to speed this up? I paid on line with my RBC account to PC MC. The delay is costing me interest surcharges on my LOC!. YUCK.

I have done this on several occassions when having to buy a ticket to Sydney, Australia in 2006. Only way i could fix the overpayment is to use up the overcredit quick on another transaction.

Sanosuke!

I did the same recently for a $10K bill paid twice to DC MC. I called them and they asked for a copy of my bank statment showing the double payment and reversed the second one immediately. It still took about 6 days from start to finish before the money was actually back in my bank account. They needed to see that both payments cleared before they acted.

Do you have any of those cash advance cheques linked to the credit card?

Perhaps you could just write yourself a cheque for the overpayment amount. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the CC company finds ways of screwing you by doing this, so tread carefully.

Did that years ago.My limit was 10K and I bought and paid for a car on my CC.

Put money down in advance,put amount on card to get the points.

Dealership now has a sign posted allowing a max number of dollars on a purchase using CC :lol:

acysb87, that sign is there for a good reason... merchant fees, unless you agree to pay those merchant fees.. the dealer might not like you putting it all on your card due to anti-fraud measures. :P

Sanosuke!

Most dealerships will only take $5K on CC. If they allow more than that, then you've probably overpaid. :D

Depends on price paid for the car. A $75K car will attract a larger CC payment than a $25K car.