canflyer
Sign in to follow this  
airbus320

Bring forth some form of moderation !

Some threads have become an ethernet version of a "shoot-out" à la OK Corral !!!!!

These invectives hurled at specific posters and by specific posters have somewhat dragged this site into the proverbial mud.

It is indeed high time that these persons cease and desist and return to the posting of quality information and tips to enhance our common travel experience.

If self moderation means that anything goes and that the rules of common politeness are routinely abrogated in the name of freedom and self expression, then it is perhaps time for the owner of this site to re-evaluate the parameters and limits to self expression. This site is heading south at an alarming speed.

Moderation,not for me. :td:

Your observations are on point.The same posters are at it on a number of threads on-line.When sitting together at a do or event,they show their true side and are good company. :?

I hope that I come across as the same person in person as I do here on-line. :) (I hope that that is a good thing) :lol:

Here's what you all agreed to when joining CF:

CanFlyer.com - Registration Agreement Terms

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

By clicking Register below you agree to be bound by these conditions.

I recently had a complaint about a specific poster, and upon reviewing the thread it certainly had merit. However, there is no current system in place to handle this type of situation. I don't have the time to babysit adults. I'd like a few of you to volunteer to take on the task of coming up with a system to deal with inapporpriate postings that reflects the wishes of the community. Please PM me if you are interested and are relatively neutral about moderation.

The juices thread should stay as a sandbox and that's where the spats can go. They are all essentially FT spats anyway.

The "Deals that aren't" thread was legit and then hijacked into vulgarity. A separate thread was started with the original topic.

The "Deals" thread should simply disappear. It serves no purpose.

Canning a useless thread every few months or so isn't what I'd call moderation. So I say go ahead and do it.

Some threads have become an ethernet version of a "shoot-out" à la OK Corral !!!!!

These invectives hurled at specific posters and by specific posters have somewhat dragged this site into the proverbial mud.

It is indeed high time that these persons cease and desist and return to the posting of quality information and tips to enhance our common travel experience.

If self moderation means that anything goes and that the rules of common politeness are routinely abrogated in the name of freedom and self expression, then it is perhaps time for the owner of this site to re-evaluate the parameters and limits to self expression. This site is heading south at an alarming speed.

AB320 you were one of the proponents of moderation on FT and it eventually ruined the AC board. You have a choice about what you read and don't read.

There is some real advice here for us all on this topic:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are open-minded, your brain will fall out.

Don't worry about what people think; they don't do it very often.

Going to a church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

It isn't the jeans that make your butt look fat.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

It is easier to get forgivness than permission.

For every action, there is an equal & opposite government program.

If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.

Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks.

A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel good.

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway. (Just remember how lucky you were to get a free trip around the sun.)

Men are from earth. Women are from earth. Deal with it.

No man has ewer been shot while doing the dishes.

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

Middle age is when broadness of the mind & narrowness if the waist change places.

Opportunities alway look bigger going than coming.

Junk is something you've kept for years & throw away three weeks before you need it.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.

Experiance is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

By the time you can make the ends meet, they move the ends.

Tho shall not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to a real world.

If you must choose between two evils, chose the one that you've never tried before.

I agree with AB320, I think it is time for something here. I have not been here long but it is a mess now and it seems that certain long-time posters stir the pot (based on their post count). I think moderation is needed not only for new posters but long time also. My chords-worth :D

I agree with AB320, I think it is time for something here. I have not been here long but it is a mess now and it seems that certain long-time posters stir the pot (based on their post count). I think moderation is needed not only for new posters but long time also. My chords-worth :D

Its intersting to note that of your 13 posts to date not one is what I weould call on topic for anything...yet you feel warranted to call for moderation here............that's a joke and a half

Here's what you all agreed to when joining CF:
CanFlyer.com - Registration Agreement Terms

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

By clicking Register below you agree to be bound by these conditions.

I recently had a complaint about a specific poster, and upon reviewing the thread it certainly had merit. However, there is no current system in place to handle this type of situation. I don't have the time to babysit adults. I'd like a few of you to volunteer to take on the task of coming up with a system to deal with inapporpriate postings that reflects the wishes of the community. Please PM me if you are interested and are relatively neutral about moderation.

If I could point you in the direction of "sqtalk.com" where there are also no moderators. There is a founding group of about 10 (perhaps more) which are helpful to the owner of the board. The moderation seems to be pro-active considering where it is coming from ,Singapore :P.

Profane and vulgar content has no place here, so FO Parnel :!::wink::P:lol:

[

Profane and vulgar content has no place here, so FO Parnel :!::wink::P:lol:

Ok if you say so :lol: ..........I'm going to Vegas to play with big boys and girls to get away from all those here who seem to have wedgies and don't know enough to loosen their belt.

:lol:

Ok if you say so :lol: ..........I'm going to Vegas to play with big boys and girls to get away from all those here who seem to have wedgies and don't know enough to loosen their belt.

:lol:

Once you drop all your cash in LV,your belt will also be looser. :P:lol:

The problem with moderators is they start to think they are Gods and then they start the kind of oppressive, double standard-ridden censorship that has destroyed the AC forum on FT.

I have seen a few stupid, even offensive posts on CF in the last few days but I'd rather ignore those than see this board succumb to the delusions of omnipotent power prevalent among the so-called moderators on the JB.

Its intersting to note that of your 13 posts to date not one is what I weould call on topic for anything...yet you feel warranted to call for moderation here............that's a joke and a half

Oh yes and many of your posts are spot on topic. I tend to agree with others, you are an asshole. No idea why I joined but I am leaving. With assholes like you here, why bother trying to contribute.

Oh yes and many of your posts are spot on topic. I tend to agree with others, you are an asshole. No idea why I joined but I am leaving. With assholes like you here, why bother trying to contribute.

That's the third time you've threatened to leave in 14 posts..stable person that you are. The first time someone asked you a simple question and you went beserk almost. This is an IBB not real life.

Back on topic, I did not want moderation on FT and certainly do not want it here. Self-moderation and leaving things to Cedric's discretion is about all I would like to see here.