canflyer
Sign in to follow this  
parnel

LATITUDE PASS CLARIFICATIONS FROM AC

email received from AC a few minutes before I posted this

Dear SOJOURN, :lol::lol::roll::twisted:

As a valued Latitude Flight Pass customer, we would like to clarify policies related to the complimentary upgrade feature included with your flight pass.

Latitude Flight Pass complimentary upgrades - Air Canada Status Mileage accumulation

As you may be aware, the applicable Air Canada Status Miles for the Latitude fare with the use of an upgrade is 100%. Customers purchasing Latitude Flight Passes have been receiving 150% Air Canada Status Miles with their complimentary upgrade.

If you currently hold a Latitude Flight Pass or purchase one by November 15, 2007, you will continue to receive 150% Air Canada Status Miles for complimentary upgrades to Executive Class for the life of the pass. However, in order to align mileage accumulation based on fare purchased, Latitude Flight Passes purchased after November 15, 2007, will accumulate the applicable 100% Air Canada Status Miles for the distance flown, including travel in Executive Class.

Also, if you have flown since August 5, 2007, used your Latitude Flight Pass, received the complimentary upgrade to Executive Class and accumulated 100% Air Canada Status miles, your account will be adjusted to reflect 150% Air Canada Status Miles which will count toward Air Canada 2008 Top Tier Status. Expect this adjustment to occur by November 30, 2007.

Executive Class travel using an Air Canada Top Tier or Corporate upgrade certificate will continue to earn 100% Air Canada Status Miles.

Latitude Flight Pass complimentary upgrade - Availability

We know that upgrades are a salient benefit of the Latitude Flight Pass, so with an eye to balance Air Canada’s commercial considerations and your expectations of priority access to Executive Class, we would like you to be aware that as of January 8, 2008, complimentary upgrades are subject to capacity control on certain flights, no matter when you purchased your Latitude Flight Pass. We appreciate your understanding and will endeavour to make this popular feature as accessible as possible on most of our f lights.

We will continue to keep you posted on any other pertinent information regarding this or any other product through Air Canada and Aeroplan newsletters.

You have the freedom of choice when you choose an airline, thanks for making it Air Canada.

Yours sincerely,

Director, Marketing Innovations

EN FRANCAIS:

Cher(e) PARNEL OU SOJOURN OU NE PARTES A QUELLE :lol:

En tant qu’acheteur de Passes de vols au tarif Latitude, nous tenons à préciser notre politique concernant l'avantage du surclassement gratuit offert avec ce produit.

Passes de vols : surclassements gratuits à partir du tarif Latitude - Accumulation de milles-privilèges Air Canada

Comme vous le savez peut-être déjà, l’accumulation de milles privilèges Air Canada pour tout vol acheté au tarif Latitude et surclassé en classe Affaires est de 100 %. Toutefois, les acheteurs de Passes de vols achetées au tarif Latitude ont reçu 150 % des milles privilèges Air Canada pour tout vol surclassé en classe Affaires grâce au surclassement gratuit offert avec ce produit.

Si vous êtes actuellement titulaire d’une Passe de vols achetée au tarif Latitude ou si vous en faites l'acquisition d'ici le 15 novembre 2007, vous continuerez de recevoir 150 % des milles privilèges Air Canada pour tout vol surclassé en classe Affaires grâce au surclassement en ligne gratuit, et ce, pour toute la période de validité de cette Passe de vols. Toutefois, afin d’harmoniser l’accumulation des milles privilèges en fonction du tarif payé, les Passes de vols achetées au tarif Latitude après le 15 novembre 2007 permettront dorénavant l’accumulation de 100 % des milles-privilèges Air Canada selon la distance parcourue, même si le voyage s’effectue en classe Affaires.

Si, depuis le 5 ao t 2007, vous avez utilisé votre Passe de vols achetée au tarif Latitude et que vous avez reçu un surclassement gratuit pour la classe Affaires et accumulé 100 % des milles-privilèges Air Canada, votre compte Aeroplan sera mis à jour afin que vous receviez 150 % des milles-privilèges Air Canada, lesquels vous permettront d’accéder à un statut supérieur. Cette mise à jour sera effectuée d'ici le 30 novembre 2007.

Toutefois, tout voyage en classe Affaires effectué grâce à un certificat de surclassement Air Canada continuera à vous permettre l’accumulation de 100 % des milles-privilèges Air Canada selon la distance parcourue.

Passes de vols : surclassements gratuits à partir du tarif Latitude – Disponibilité

Nous savons que les surclassements constituent un avantage important de la Passe de vols achetée au tarif Latitude. Étant donné les considérations commerciales d'Air Canada et vos attentes quant à la priorité d'accès à la classe Affaires, nous vous informons qu'à compter du 8 janvier 2008, les surclassements gratuits sont accordés sous réserve des disponibilités et en fonction du nombre de surclassements permis par vol peu importe la date d'achat de votre Passe de vols au tarif Latitude. Nous apprécions vot re compréhension à cet effet et nous ferons tout notre possible pour que cette option prisée soit offerte pour la plupart de nos vols.

Nous vous transmettrons toute autre information pertinente à ce sujet ou concernant tout autre produit dans les bulletins d’Air Canada et d’Aéroplan.

Vous avez la liberté de choisir votre transporteur aérien, et nous vous remercions d’avoir choisi Air Canada.

Veuillez agréer, nos salutations distinguées.

Directrice, Innovations marketing

Who said AC doesn't respond.....I think that is more than fair and believe it or not it wasn't done in consideration of the whiners who were going to get class action suits going. There were several events leading up to this and AC has responded accordingly.

The fact of the matter is that the passes got ahead of them and they did not anticipate the popularity of these passes.

Next of course the "commercial considerations" will most probably include a price increase... just my guess no insider info.

we would like you to be aware that as of January 8, 2008, complimentary upgrades are subject to capacity control on certain flights

It will be "fair" once they provide more detailed informationin pass T&C's. So far the restriction sent in this response and the one published on their website ("subject to availability") lacks any specifics. Which routes? What specific capacity control conditions and rules? For example, will it be always J>=2, or will it be up to the route controller and what mood they are in that day? "Subject to availability" reminds me of these "You may already be a winner..." calls.

Come to think of it, this might significantly impact the non-status flier market for these passes. SE's and E's will likely continue buying and upgrading at time of booking, but the non-status flier or even P with very few certs will now think twice.

I know I know you can't please all the people all the time.... but for Christ's sake at least give them some credit for being forth with here. Maybe you've been an FT whiner for far too long and need to be re-educated

Come to think of it, this might significantly impact the non-status flier market for these passes. SE's and E's will likely continue buying and upgrading at time of booking, but the non-status flier or even P with very few certs will now think twice.
\

It might work out nicely for AC's best customers... Now that's a concept!

Frequent pass buyers tend to be higher status flyers by virtue of their puchasing these passes. Ten segment laitude passes used from YUL to YVR all upgraded currently bring in around 3800 miles per segment and most people buy more than one per year. I know not everyone travels the max distance but you get the drift. I will do around 40 segments this year to Alberta getting 2500 miles per segment

I know I know you can't please all the people all the time.... but for Christ's sake at least give them some credit for being forth with here. Maybe you've been an FT whiner for far too long and need to be re-educated

Hey, parnel, I am just stating my observations. The fact that this might affect the non-status buyers is not a criticism, just an observation. I am quite sure AC has thought of it as well and made a conscious decision... perhaps to actually please its top tiers.

I will give credit where credit is due, so +1 point for fessing up about capacity controls, -5 points for not being forthright about the actual nature of these capacity controls.

Instead of worrying about my re-education, please just fuck off and get back to the topic of this thread. Cheers!

Hey, parnel, I am just stating my observations. The fact that this might affect the non-status buyers is not a criticism, just an observation. I am quite sure AC has thought of it as well and made a conscious decision... perhaps to actually please its top tiers.

Did I not make an equal observation with decent comments to boot?

I will give credit where credit is due, so +1 point for fessing up about capacity controls, -5 points for not being forthright about the actual nature of these capacity controls.

They announced there would be capacity but have not been able to reconcile how to input this and decided to make at least the basic announcement in a timely manner. I know that's not quite good enough but there you are Mr. Perfect.

Instead of worrying about my re-education,

I don't worry about your re-edcuation I only comment about it..actually I don't give a shit either.

please just fuck off and get back to the topic of this thread. Cheers!

I never left the topic... as I said the other day....look in the mirror sometimes.

decisions decisions....I was going to buy another EW latitude pass in December to get the SSWU's for 2008 and the E-mail from AC makes November 15th the deadline for continuing the COS miles.

8350 miles vs two SWU's for next year!!!!

What is one to do? :wink:

decisions decisions....I was going to buy another EW latitude pass in December to get the SSWU's for 2008 and the E-mail from AC makes November 15th the deadline for continuing the COS miles.

8350 miles vs two SWU's for next year!!!!

What is one to do? :wink:

Some might tell you to FO :P

Do COS get the 100% additional miles as well(an SE perk)

Might help you decide.

If you currently hold a Latitude Flight Pass or purchase one by November 15, 2007, you will continue to receive 150% Air Canada Status Miles for complimentary upgrades to Executive Class for the life of the pass.

I have just read the details and now realize they will retroactively credit the extra 50% which I had not received on my flights last week from YYZ to YVR.

It seems to me like the purchase of a E-W pass in Latitude may be a very good deal if before Nov 15 towards renewal in 2008 for 2009. I will go for this option!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8647897&postcount=193

I guess AC can do no right by some people. They are also the first ones yelling and screaming when they don't get their own way per my polls with concierges

They can cry all they want but they can't sue now and they can't do better elsewhere, the view of royalty notwithstanding. At this point in time, nobody has actually be deprived of anything they thought they had originally.

Some might tell you to FO :P

I have had better people tell me that and don't have a thin skin like some.

Do COS get the 100% additional miles as well(an SE perk)

Nope

Might help you decide.

Its the quick start with additional SSWU's to begin the "Tier" year that interests me. If we knew that Latitude passes will get the SSWU next year it might not be an issue.

Will I still get my extra status miles if I didn't get the email from AC? Just curious since that should give me quite a few extra miles. Not considering buying one before November 15th since I will probably purchase an unlimited pass next year.

This is fair, it should have been communicated well before now, my sense is they must have been getting some serious heat from this to make this change.

I just wish I had received the email as I still have two passes on the go.

and on second thought, I may purchase another EW pass since the COS will more than make up for the 2500 bonus miles.

Will I still get my extra status miles if I didn't get the email from AC? Just curious since that should give me quite a few extra miles.

I don't know why you didn't get the email....dead things fan maybe?

But you are covered.

This is fair, it should have been communicated well before now, my sense is they must have been getting some serious heat from this to make this change.

Right and maybe the new rules are that they will telegraph any moves well inadvance from now on. I notice that some guy I never heard of signed the Email.

I just wish I had received the email as I still have two passes on the go.

quit whining... you're covered.

and on second thought, I may purchase another EW pass since the COS will more than make up for the 2500 bonus miles.

Hey, an insurance guy who can think.