canflyer
Sign in to follow this  
parnel

LATITUDE PASS CLARIFICATIONS FROM AC

and on second thought, I may purchase another EW pass since the COS will more than make up for the 2500 bonus miles.

I tend to buy the NA pass for a few more dollars.Much more universal IMO.

Like your thoughts on this.Business needs some expenses before year end.

quit whining... you're covered.

Not whining, just know how things work sometimes without proof. Since I was left off the email list, I hope that does not mean I will be left off the automated COS bonus list.

This will definitely make my planning for next year easier. One 20 credit EW pass that I will purhcase on November 14th, Two Canada East unlimited three month passes throughout the year.

And SE for another year estimating about 140,000 status miles next year.

quit whining... you're covered.

Not whining, just know how things work sometimes without proof. Since I was left off the email list, I hope that does not mean I will be left off the automated COS bonus list.

This will definitely make my planning for next year easier. One 20 credit EW pass that I will purhcase on November 14th, Two Canada East unlimited three month passes throughout the year.

And SE for another year estimating about 140,000 status miles next year.

Are you on the SE list? :twisted:

They can cry all they want but they can't sue now and they can't do better elsewhere, the view of royalty notwithstanding. At this point in time, nobody has actually be deprived of anything they thought they had originally.

What about the upgrades? There is still the change there "regardless of when the pass was purchase".

Just remember that the Bonus status miles only apply if you get the Comp upgrade which has a 24 hr window for all pass purchasers regardless of status.

The real question is if AC will decrease the inventory of available upgrade seats. Is this still out of J or will it be out of another category of fares?

Still, I think I will buy another EW Latit pass before Nov 15th.

Does this apply to any other Latit Passes?

NOTE: there is no reference in the AC email to being able to use a certificate for upgrades. I can only hope this was so obvious it did not need to be stated, but then again with AC, one never knows.

Also note somesort of changes to occur on January 8th over capacity controls??? What does this mean?

What will the rules be for certs in the new year? Will there even be certs?

NOTE: there is no reference in the AC email to being able to use a certificate for upgrades. I can only hope this was so obvious it did not need to be stated, but then again with AC, one never knows.

Also note somesort of changes to occur on January 8th over capacity controls??? What does this mean?

These are for passes only per the announcement. Seat J seat capping will start on that date which means that AC will reserve two J seats on all NA flights for last minute full or corporate J sales.

These are for passes only per the announcement. Seat J seat capping will start on that date which means that AC will reserve two J seats on all NA flights for last minute full or corporate J sales.

This SE will know that there are at least 2 J seatsin NA available to u/g to at the gate. :wink::D

This SE will know that there are at least 2 J seatsin NA available to u/g to at the gate. :wink::D

That's the way to look at it but if AC is correct in their thinking they will be selling a lot of those seats to pure J pax.

That's the way to look at it but if AC is correct in their thinking they will be selling a lot of those seats to pure J pax.

You are believing AC is 'correct in their thinking' :shock::wink:

You are believing AC is 'correct in their thinking' :shock::wink:

you forgot the word "IF"

Seat J seat capping will start on that date which means that AC will reserve two J seats on all NA flights for last minute full or corporate J sales.

That's sort of what we heard before AC had their rethink, and they could have said that in their email but they didn't.

Nowhere in their email or on the website does it say that "capacity control" is limited to their reserving 2 J seats, nor does it say "all NA flights", just "certain flights". This gives them quite a lot of flexibility.

I think you are putting a lot of emphasis on IF. Would love to see passholders denied an upgrade 24 hours before only to board the a/c and see empty J seats. Sure they'll be happy campers.

I think you are putting a lot of emphasis on IF. Would love to see passholders denied an upgrade 24 hours before only to board the a/c and see empty J seats. Sure they'll be happy campers.

They will get gate upgrades...or have you never heard of those?

Empty seats in J if you are a Latitude passholder requesting an u/g?

Chris, :roll:

Well, well, what interesting world we live in... Our formerly infamous "beach digit" seems to know the system better than Colonel Klink. Per aircanada.com:

Complimentary upgrades can only be requested and confirmed online between 24 hours and one (1) hour prior to the original flight departure time and cannot be processed at the airport;

This means that non-status pass holders (or status passengers not wishing to part with a cert) would have no possibility to request an upgrade at the gate. They could only hope for an op-up. Chris, you are correct. Colonel Klink, RTFM.

Is this something new? And what is your source for this intelligence?

I remain concerned if I buy a pass and cannot use either a Cert or the comp u/g. The only thing I really want from AC is the u/g option, but who knows what the 2008 offering to top tier members will be? Do you?

Well, well, what interesting world we live in... Our formerly infamous "beach digit" seems to know the system better than Colonel Klink. Per aircanada.com:

Complimentary upgrades can only be requested and confirmed online between 24 hours and one (1) hour prior to the original flight departure time and cannot be processed at the airport;

This means that non-status pass holders (or status passengers not wishing to part with a cert) would have no possibility to request an upgrade at the gate. They could only hope for an op-up. Chris, you are correct. Colonel Klink, RTFM.

Ha Ha Klink! I Know Nothing Schultz is next?? :lol:

Hey blue.. get off your mule and think for once.....these would not be opups but regular gate upgrades with the use of a SWU on a latitude pass...pretty damn simple but then being a mule rider does not preclude intelligence.

Who said AC doesn't respond.....I think that is more than fair and believe it or not it wasn't done in consideration of the whiners...

No, AC responded out of the goodness of their hearts when people thanked them for these retroactive "enhancements". :?

Bingo, I didn't think I had to explain it, while most pass holders probably have status, not all do. So if it is showing J2 1 hour before the flight, the pass holder with no status will be sitting in Y, and if there are no gate upgrades that will leave 2 empty J seats, plus any no shows.

Bingo, I didn't think I had to explain it, while most pass holders probably have status, not all do. So if it is showing J2 1 hour before the flight, the pass holder with no status will be sitting in Y, and if there are no gate upgrades that will leave 2 empty J seats, plus any no shows.

I would bet that over 98% of passholders have status. In fact all pass holders I know or meet are either SE or E. People who buy passes also get certs with the passes. With over 8 million AE members I would assume that you might have realized those facts. Then again if you think like the blue mule then all bets are off.

I simply assume like most here that anyone who buys a pass is a FF.