canflyer
Sign in to follow this  
imverge

MBNA STARWOOD MASTERCARD COMMENTS?

Does anyone know if the first stay at a Starwood property is an annual bonus or was it a one off at sign up to the card?

AFAIK this is a one-time only bonus.

My only problem with the card is that once I hit $30K, there is little incentive to keep using the card, since I don't get the bonus point matches, so my spending is about to revert back to my wife's Aerogold until I hit the 12-month anniversary date.

This part of the plan must have been developed by the same person who advises AE on how to retain Elite's loyalty after they hit 35K miles. :roll:

Of course, you could get your significant other to sign up for a MBNA SPG MC as well. SPG allows the transfer of points between people with the same mailing address.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I did want to point out to any SPG Mastercard holders that US is currently offering a 50% bonus on any miles earned or transferred on car/hotel partners. This would be a good opportunity to use up your SPG points towards a Star Alliance award at a great discount - and don't forget that many awards on US cost significantly fewer miles than equivalent awards on Aeroplan. http://www.usairways.com/awa/profiles/d ... ocode=SB09

MBNA is going to discontinue STARWOOD credit card in Canada early next year

End of February 2010 to be exact and being replaced by a partnership with Choice hotels. I am loading up on my *wood points between now and then.