canflyer
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Welcome!

It is my pleasure to welcome you to the alternative discussion forum for Canadian frequent travellers. This site was brought about as a result of feedback from members of the "other" board that felt that their interests were not being met.

Over the next few weeks, you'll notice this community being refined based on member feedback, however the forums will stay open for discussion regardless of any changes. Some things to consider: What should go on the front page? Is the structure of the forums most condusive to discussion? Is CanFlyer.com the best name for this community?

Currently, all forums require registration to post, except for this one. I've left it that way in case anyone experiences problems in registering an account and needs support. Once the site has found it's structure, and I've created a "getting started" guide, anonymous users will no longer be able to post here. All discussions will, however, remain viewable to the general public in all four forums.

I'd like to thank all those who have helped with the creation of this website. I want to make it clear that it belongs to the members, not me. Keep your good ideas coming!

It is my sincere hope that this community will prove to be constructive for all members. My position of "forum administrator" will be limited to ensuring that this is the case.

Enjoy the site,

Cedric Nagy

(need help? e-mail admin@canflyer.com)

I must admit, I like the larger range of smilies too! I think we will enjoy ourselves here! Just watch out for that Parnel guy ... oops that is why we are here :) :) :):twisted:

PS: Would be nice to have a thumbs up and thumbs down smilie though ...

Welcome one and all (and you too QSG :D )

There is a cookie that logs you out after awhile by default. This is to prevent situations where a shared computer is used (ie MLL) by multiple users of the forum. However, as long as you have cookies enabled in your browser, when you log in, you can select "log me in automatically" and that will keep you logged in each time you come back.

Remember, I plan to get rid of the Guest posting functionality in this forum when I have a help file posted (you cannot post as Guest in any of the other forums).

hi there!

i am not a canflyer, but i am glad you guys got al 'alternative board'

:lol:^

no moderator, hurrah:)

if you want a new name, what about icanfly.com?

"i'm can flyer, i can fly?"

the domain name is taken, but you can add hyphen/dot etc in between, or use .org/.net

I have locked the threads that got out of control due to the trolls. If you want to continue discussing the original issues behind those threads, feel free to start a new topic.

I have also added activation instructions to all emails generated by the system. Many new users were missing my message in here as to what was required for activation. Unfortuantely, the activation instructions will be sent out with any message generated by the board until I get home and can figure out how to have this information isolated to the particular instance of new user registration. Hope no one gets confused (all existing users will not have to reactivate).

I've been Internet access-less since the beginning of the month due to an area-wide outage. I apologize to those of you who have been waiting to be activated. Service is still sporadic as the backup system that has been implemented is unusable during the day and only barely passable at night, so until full access is restored to the community new users may have to wait a few days to be activated.

As a general comment, I continue to be unimpressed with the tone of some of the threads on the site such as the Quebec Westjet thread and the FT juices thread (again!). So I'd like to take this opportunity to remind all members that discussing and debating issues is certainly encouraged but discussing individuals is not.