canflyer
Sign in to follow this  
CANADI>N

2 Years ago today...the Tsunami

This Boxing Day has been a relatively quiet one compared to past ones, and particularly two years ago as we awoke on this side of the planet to the breaking news stories of the giant Indian Ocean tsunami. While some news networks are doing their "two years later stories today, and the STAR runs a headline questioning why the Canadian Red Cross has only disbursed a third of the money raised, those of you who subscribe to one of the two Pay Movie networks on English-speaking cable/satellite might want to check out the OnDemand section for an excellent 2-part HBO/BBC special docudrama that ran earlier this month. I'd be interested in getting WhyFly's thoughts on this treatment as he was there...

I'd be interested in getting WhyFly's thoughts on this treatment as he was there...

He is winging his way to Vietnam.

His sister who happens to be one of our neighbours and a colleague of my wife was also there with her family. In talking to them, it was a very traumatic experience, people deal with things in different ways. I have a new appreciation for people who have witnessed such horrors.