canflyer
Sign in to follow this  
PB

2006 Federal Election musings ...

...you mean by his silence and early support for Martin :wink:

That wasn't support. Just Honest Ralph's view at the time as to who would likely win. Asked the same question today, it might be different.

A Conservative or Liberal Federal government only affects us Albertans minutely.

Parnel, despite your wishful SES poles, I'll bet you lunch in Oakville that your riding goes Tory blue on Monday. :shock:

You're on but you must know I follow the riding closely and Terence Young called tonight begging for votes if that gives you any good feeling.

Parnel:

I am surprised that you would be supporting Bonnie Brown. I just read her website and I had to keep reminding myself that she was NOT an NDP candidate. The only thing not mentioned is if she supported unions. :D

Parnel:

I am surprised that you would be supporting Bonnie Brown. I just read her website and I had to keep reminding myself that she was NOT an NDP candidate. The only thing not mentioned is if she supported unions. :D

SHE IS MY ANTI HARPOON VOTE....SIMPLY PUT........JACK LAYTON IS AN IDIOT AND THE GREEN PAERTY IS WASTE OF MONEY LIKE THE BLOCHEADS.

The tide seems to be turning a bit. Even Alan Gregg and the Globe and Mail have stopped their Harper cheerleading this morning. Gregg is now confirming the same trend as SES even if his numbers are still way off base from most other polls. I think we're going to get Harper but his dreams of a majority look like they are starting to evaporate.

The tide seems to be turning a bit. Even Alan Gregg and the Globe and Mail have stopped their Harper cheerleading this morning. Gregg is now confirming the same trend as SES even if his numbers are still way off base from most other polls. I think we're going to get Harper but his dreams of a majority look like they are starting to evaporate.

He still may get shut out in Quebec and the Lib votes he's taking are from mostly separatist ridngs. The votes Harper is taking from previously close blochead ridings could possibly result in several more Libs getting elected. The Lib vote in Quebec will coalesce around election day. The Libs are notoriously good at getting their people out to vote. The reform does not have that machine even with Charest working for them as many provinical won't do that dirty work for the reform.

We have two poor choices to vote for.

I can't help but like and trust Paul Martin. I like the fact he has been a hugely successful businessman, as FM and PM he has delivered consistent surplus budgets. However he was also FM during the sponsorship scandal and should take the ultimate responsibility for it. I believe him that he knew nothing of it, but he should have known, and if he didn't know, it is still his fault ultimately. He was also keeper of the purse through the $2000,000,000 gun registry waste of time and money. We all make mistakes, he needs to admit to them, fix them and move on. The Libs have been there too long and have developed a sense of entitlement to our money.

As far as I can tell Harper has never built, created, developed anything. He his a career slick politician. Canada has become so bloody politically correct, we need someone to shake things up a little, immigration, law and order, fiscal responsibility etc. My concern with Harper though is that he may prove to be more fiscally irresponsible than the Libs, run budget deficits, aka Mulroney, Reagan, Bush and Bush. It's ironic that the supposedly pro business politicos are unable to balance their respective countries cheque books.

Harper gets my vote, not because I like him or think he is especially good for Canada, but we badly need a change in Ottawa, and I think he will better than the alternatives.

I know the politically correct pussies here will ask why I wrote immigration, I'll spell it out for you. 80%+- of the shootings in Toronto are committed by Jamaicans, a similar percentage of the gang related shootings in the BC Lower Mainland area are committed by East Indians, Chinese and Koreans. Russians and eastern Europeans seem to be moving into the organised crime world more and more as well. Their was a great interview in last weeks MaCleans between Linda Frum and William Bratton (ex NYPD chief, now LAPD chief) As he said, you gotta call it as it is and deal with it. This does not mean that all people of these descents are bad, I am sure that 99% are good people, but their is a pattern that needs to be addressed in some way shape or form.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... /National/ not that home grown Canadians don't create all sorts of problems as well.

Given that:

a) I still don't know who to vote for... and,

B) My riding will go Conservative regardless as the number of rural folks outnumber the urban folks (so my vote really won't make a difference in making or breaking a candidate)...

If I go to the polls on Monday and still feel the same way, I will be very tempted to put an X beside the Green candidate. At least this way, they have a chance at getting a $1,50 for the next elections.

Or hell, if there is a Marijuana candidate, he/she may get the vote...

Well it seems that he has escaped from his handlers once again and the results are not unexpected!

Link: http://tinyurl.com/7qu93

Harper's lead takes a hit

With Tory Leader straying from script, poll shows support for his party waning

By STEVEN CHASE and GLORIA GALLOWAY AND CAMPBELL CLARK

Friday, January 20, 2006 Posted at 5:23 AM EST

From Friday's Globe and Mail

The Conservative Party's lead in the polls has narrowed to nine percentage points as voters in Ontario and Quebec have second thoughts about a Stephen Harper government.

At this point, a tightening of the polls is good. Nobody will take the results for granted.

Those who want change will make sure to get out and ensure it happens. Those who are afraid of change will get out to persist the status quo.

Monday night will be fun for me in YOW as I stare at the flat panels showing CBC predicting a winner just as I board for LHR! :shock:

At this point, a tightening of the polls is good. Nobody will take the results for granted.

Those who want change will make sure to get out and ensure it happens. Those who are afraid of change will get out to persist the status quo.

Monday night will be fun for me in YOW as I stare at the flat panels showing CBC predicting a winner just as I board for LHR! :shock:

My gut feel is that you won't know the winner even after you disembark in LHR. If its so close on seats the Liberals may hang on and try to form a coalition and my bet is some blochead members might be ready to jump ship as they see their separation option going downhill in a hurry. The blocheads are fundamentally left wingers and therefore would not want to see a reform government in place. duceppe is for all intentions and purposes a soft nationalist as opposed to a hard line sovereignist after many years in Ottawa. If martin offered him a role in cabinet he would jump at it I'm told by people in Quebec. His principle goal is to maintain social policies in Quebec.

Coalition governments are coming to Canada and now might be the time for one to happen. Anything to keep Harper and his neo fascists from power until we can get a moderate conservative in place.

Looks like the 2 Sudbury ridings will stay Liberal

so will Oakville and most ridings around here......one or two may go reform but not too many. "The Lev" will owe me that lunch in Oakville at Seasons or Tratoria Timone. :wink:

If the Libs should somehow lose lunch will be at the queenshead pub :lol:

Even Airbus is hoping for a Moron Victory!

"Airbus hoping to score on $4.6-billion transport carrier program"

By ALLAN SWIFT

2006-01-19 17:29:00

"MONTREAL (CP) - Aerospace giant Airbus believes a Conservative victory on Monday could help its long-shot entry in a $4.6-billion Armed Forces program to replace Canada's aging Hercules transport planes.

..."

Link: http://tinyurl.com/97pgz

Quote by Shareholder on the junior board:

Imagine, Parnel following the advice of Buz, a union leader! Next thing we know he'll be opening a soup kitchen for all those about-to-be laid off Ford execs in Oakville... Martin is soundling more like the Black Knight in the Monty Python flick as every hour ticks by.

Yes and that shows how much I dislike and distrust Harpoon..........no soup kitchen here;the execs will keep their jobs and the union thugs will take another hit due to their excessive benefit packages.

In any event Buzzie the thug did more harm than good and one good thing if the Liberals manage to lose is that he won't get his senate seat.

One day a fourth-grade teacher asked the children what their fathers did for a living. All the typical answers came up: fireman, mechanic, businessman, salesman, doctor, lawyer and so forth.

But little Justin was being uncharacteristically quiet, so when the teacher prodded him about his father, he replied, "My father's an exotic dancer in a gay cabaret and takes off all his clothes in front of other men and they put money in his underwear. Sometimes, if the offer is really good, he will go home with some guy and have sex with him for money."

The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly set the other children to work on some exercises and then took little Justin aside to ask him, "Is that really true about your father?!" "No," the little boy said, "He works on Paul Martins re-election committee and I was too embarrassed to say that in front of all the other kids.