canflyer
Sign in to follow this  
admin

New Feature: Live Chat

Now that we have our 300th member, I am pleased to announce CanFlyer's new chat function.

You can now chat with other online CanFlyer members. Once you have logged in, click on "Live Chat" in the upper menu. You will automatically be logged into the chat system with your CF username. Only active CF members can access the chat.

You must have the Macromedia Flash plugin installed to use the chat system.

^^

Nice feature indeed - but it always seems to say I am in the room when I have closed the chat window.... even if I logout.

Did you logout of the chat by using the red X at the top right of the screen? After that, you would have to refresh the CF main page and should be logged out. It doesn't say you are online right now.

^^

Nice feature indeed - but it always seems to say I am in the room when I have closed the chat window.... even if I logout.

Did you logout of the chat by using the red X at the top right of the screen? After that, you would have to refresh the CF main page and should be logged out. It doesn't say you are online right now.

Well there ya go - the "X" only shows up when you move the mouse over the red button ... now it seems to be fine. Thanks!

No one panic....I have already contacted the admin about the lack of a thong icon! :D

Nice new feature! Thanks Cedric!

What does it matter? Thong boy is not here!

How about scheduling a live chat for Wed 29 Nov at 9PM EST time, 10 AST; 8CST; 7MST; 6PST?

Anyone interested?

Sounds like a good idea, since FT will be down and I'm sure you will all be needing to get your fix somehow! Unfortunately, I will be at work and unable to make this one but don't let that stop you.

Since the system went live, I've left the chat open in a browser window and had the opportunity to speak with both airbus320 and yycguy. Everything went smoothly and the system looks quite promising. It also seems to be integrating quite well with the forums.

What's the topic AB320? :wink:

Make it a typical Canadian get together:

Start with talking about Hockey

Move on to the weather

Discuss different types of beer

and include somewhere a chat about appropriate clothing and gear for a Canadian Winter.

What's the topic AB320? :wink:

Make it a typical Canadian get together:

Start with talking about Hockey

Move on to the weather

Discuss different types of beer

and include somewhere a chat about appropriate clothing and gear for a Canadian Winter.

Oh goody, Canadians talking about the weather. Should be an exciting affair.

Don't forget the inevitable conclusion that it's all the fault of the unions.